The restaurant and food diary of a full-time NYC-based foodie. These days, I'm in love with great food, technology, startups, social entrepreneurism, photography and travel.

September 28, 2006

Lure Fishbar - 142 Mercer Street




The decor for this restaurant is phenemonal! As soon as I walked in, I felt a sense of tranquility which was enhanced by the exceptional service we received. The dining room mimics the feel of a luxurious yacht but without the stuffiness that lot of teak usually inspires. Lure has a very comfortable atmosphere (though I did feel a bit underdressed in jeans) and the round, roomy booths are a good place to congregate with a few friends. The people behind this place also run Chinatown Brasserie and Lever House.

The menu is very straight-forward, with a variety of seafood offerings such as oysters, fish prepared several ways, fried seafood baskets, sushi, salads and soups.

My dish: Combo Seafood Basket - Filet of Fish / Crab Cake / Two Crispy Shrimp / Lobster Tail served with Hand Cut Fries, Coleslaw, Cocktail Sauce, & Tartar Sauce - $25. I split this basket with a friend and we both left completely full and happy.

Everything in this basket was prepared perfectly, barely greasy and incredibly juicy and flavorful. The tartar sauce was also unusally good - I think there was some chive in there that really enhanced the flavor of all the seafood.



I'd highly recommend this place to anyone in the Soho area. I'm definitely popping in again for a seafood fix the next time I need one. There's also a great happy hour special: http://www.lurefishbar.com/menus/Lure_HappyHourMenu.pdf

$1 oysters and littleneck clams, $5 cocktails and $4 chicken lollipops. What else do you need?

Lure Fishbar
142 Mercer Street
http://www.lurefishbar.com/index.php

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Helllo! Our friend C.C. informed me that you started a food blog, and I am so glad you did. You better believe that I'll be coming here to get tips on where and what to eat.

How have you been? I have been good - working and such. Feel free to shoot me an email to catch up. Great entries, btw!

Jeanne said...

Hello! Our friend, C.C. informed me that you have a food blog - it looks great! You better believe that I'll be checking it for what and where to eat.

How have you been? I have been busy working and traveling; I hope we can catch up sometime. Great entries, btw. Cheers, babe.

Aesis said...

Hey J! Great to hear from you - I'm glad you're enjoying the posts! :D We'll definitely catch up the next time you're in the city - drop our mutual friend a note and we'll figure out a rendezvous point. :)

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would love to mention that this post extremely forced me to try and do therefore! really nice post. thanks, here's a similar subject you'll like [url=http://corina33.sosblog.com/The-first-blog-b1/The-advantages-of-owning-a-Natural-Light-Alarm-Time-clock-b1-p2.htm]Antique Clocks[/url]